Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Sunset Flight






Did you ever work so hard that you realized it had been days or weeks since you just looked up at the sky? I was driving home last night after a long day at work and finally looked up. It was a gorgeous night with no clouds, beautiful light and cool temperature. I got on the cell and called two of my neighbors, Jon and Chris to see if they wanted to go on a spur of the moment sunset airplane ride. They said yes, so I quickly changed out of my suit and picked them up. Somehow Chris managed to avoid being captured except for a single (funny) picture.

_________________________________________________________






Out at the airport, we pull out the plane, do a preflight, briefing and taxi out. The conditions are beautiful.

_______________________________________________________________



At the departure end of the runway, ready to go. What a beautiful sky.

_________________________________________________________________



Here is a video of the takeoff. Why vertical? I don't know.

_______________________________________________________________






Sure enough, it is perfectly calm with great lighting and visibility.

_______________________________________________________________





We fly over the neighborhood to get pictures of their houses. The wives and kids are looking up at us.

_______________________________________________________________





Nancy's view from the back deck as we circle overhead in the twilight.

________________________________________________________________



Copilot Chris and unruly passenger, Jon.

_______________________________________________________________________





The sun is getting low so we head back to the airport.

__________________________________________________________________

Here is a video of the landing.



_________________________________________________________________


It was a great flight and they really enjoyed it, as I did. This is one of the great things about owning a plane. You can just hop in and go any time you want.



17 more days until we leave for Oshkosh!

_____________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment