To contact Mark

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Touch up Done and Back Home

 
Taxiing to the run up area

Lift off!


Nose gear going up mid field



Passing Dutchland Aviation, which gave me much help in the build

Perfect shot by Nancy- Too bad the gear isn't all the way up



End of the runway, time for a pull up.
2,000 fpm up and I'm GONE




Lancaster Aero called this morning to tell me that the touch up work was done. Since rain is supposed to move into the area and stay for 3 or 4 days, I asked my wife to drive me out to Smoketown so I could move the plane back to our hangar at Chester County.

We got there and found that Dave had done an excellent job of touching up the paint. It looked great.

Nancy had brought the camera with a telephoto lens so I asked her to get some shots of the departure. Unfortunately, the gear didn't fully retract before I passed her, so the new paint on the gear doors isn't visible.

I made the quick flight home,  tucked her away in the hangar and headed back to work. The paint is now officially 100% done. These pictures worked out so well that I think I'll ask Nancy to come out to the airport on the weekend for some low pass photo ops.

More to come.

_______________________________________________________________

No comments: