To contact Mark

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Plan B Commences



Time to put Plan B into action. I am pushing to get the plane repaired, flying and make it to Oshkosh. In keeping with that goal, Easter weekend consists of disassembling the plane and getting it shipped to the factory in Sebastian, Florida. Dan Fast of Fast Aircraft Transport will be arriving late afternoon to take the plane 1,000 miles to the factory.

I hope these photos give some good ideas to those who need to move their planes.

_________________________________________________________




Here's the firewall all secured. Draining all the fuel was loads of fun.

______________________________________________________________




All taped up and empty .

____________________________________________________________




The interior removed for transport.

__________________________________________________________




Up onto the trailer. I hate this part. It reminds me of turning her over during construction. The trick is to turn the plane sideways, then crawl in and retract the gear so it's not an oversize load.
Once again, I am impressed by the community at our airport and by my great aviation friends. A dozen people and a forklift showed up on the day before Easter to help me out.

_____________________________________________________________



____________________________________________________________


Everything else loaded onto the trailer and secured.


_________________________________________________________




Dan Fast and son. If you need your plane transported, I highly recommend them.

____________________________________________________________




Front view, all loaded up. I know it's only my imagination, but N929X looks embarrassed at being in green primer and all broken up.

___________________________________________________________




The tearful goodbye. I'm only half kidding. It was a depressing day. It kills seeing your airplane damaged. I spent 12 hours at the airport disassembling things that I spent a lot of time and effort putting together.

____________________________________________________________




Off she goes to Sebastian for repair at the factory. I will be nervous until she is safely offloaded on Monday. The next post will be the first week in May when she gets the airworthiness inspection and first flight. Then I have to figure out how to get her home.

Thanks again to Dan Fast and his son, as well as to all my friends who gave up part of their holiday to help me out.

____________________________________________________________

No comments: