To contact Mark

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Panel Power!



Its Alive! The panel finally has power. All of the electrical work is done and I finally got to see the panel come to life. This is definitely one of those " Builder Moments" my friend Andy Millin wrote about. I had to take a few minutes to savor this sight. I played around with the GPS screen and the radios. I am going to love getting familiar with this system. It is ten times more capable than my first 1997 vintage Velocity.




Here's a close up picture of the illuminated caution panel. I have sent for a cover placard and all the other placards to Aircraft Engravers. I'm excited to get them back and get this mounted.




The Grand Rapids EIS has power too. It will be mounted just above the seatbelt inertia reel on the firewall. I considered mounting it on a cut out on the vanity panel, but the hassle factor stopped me. I also didn't want any buttons in the reach of the kids in the back seat. Once I get the unit set up, this display will be hidden behind the panel.




Finally, I had to shut the doors and try it. Since the windows are covered over, this simulated night flight. Too cool! I had already taken the big EFIS screens out, but I'll get a shot of them later.

___________________________________________________________________

No comments: