To contact Mark

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Oshkosh 2011

As always, getting to Oshkosh means being flexible. I am swamped at work and scheduled to start a jury trial the Monday after the show. I decided to go from Wednesday to Saturday and to work weekends in the meantime to get ready.

Since that means no extra days for the water parks in the Dells, I'm waiting until next year to bring the kids. I really want them to love it. I'll also try to reserve two of the air conditioned dorm rooms for next year.

One of my partners at work is an aerobatic competitor with a Christen Eagle. He offered to ride along and share the room. He's a great guy and I look forward to rubbing elbows with the aerobatic types.

At Velocity's request, N929X will be on display at their booth this year.
I am going to fly direct from my home airport in Pennsylvania to Bay City Airport (3CM) in Saginaw, Michigan. We'll fuel up, then hop over the lake for Oshkosh. It seems a lot less daunting after those hundreds of miles over the Atlantic to the Bahamas.

I could fly non-stop,  but would get to Oshkosh with only 12 gallons remaining. That's a no go for the kind of organized chaos one can encounter getting into the show.

The whole trip flight plans out to 3 hours 11 minutes. With my OCD dawn launch, that should get us into the show around 10:00 on Wednesday morning.

____________________________________________________________








Here's the paint scheme. It will be at the Velocity display in the North 40 Exhibitor area, Space 661. Look for the big blue Velocity banner.

If you've been following the blog, stop by and say hello. It recently passed 19,000 views and I've received many kind comments from folks all over the world. I'd love to meet some fellow builders, pilots and Velocity fans.

I hope to see lots of old friends and make some new ones. For those of you attending the Velocity Cookout, see you Wednesday night! Otherwise, see you at the Velocity booth.
_______________________________________________________________






I went out to the hangar to clean up the plane and line up gear for the Oshkosh trip - tool kit, tie down kit, cover, oil, life preservers, etc. I'm getting wound up already.

Have a great Airventure 2011. Next post will be after the show.
___________________________________________________________

No comments: