To contact Mark

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Lay out



More progress. I got a call from the painter, Davey, at Lancaster Aero today. He wanted to make sure I was happy with the layout before taping off the plane and painting. Since he couldn't proceed until I checked it, Nancy and I went out to look it over.

His initial concern was that the overall scheme was not visible to someone standing on the ground, which would interrupt the flow of the design. I could appreciate his concern, and since it was cramped in the hangar with several other planes, he suggested we roll it out into the sun on the ramp.

_____________________________________________________________








Once we got it out in the sun and were able to step back a bit, everyone agreed that the scheme was fine as is. I thought it looked great and I was finally able to start to visualize the finish paint. I think it will be stunning. The white paint is very white, which I really liked. It made me glad that I decided to do the propeller in match paint as it now looks very dingy and beaten up in its cream white with nicks.

_____________________________________________________________


 Here are Davey and Eric, who have been hard at work on the plane these past weeks. I think this may be Davey's masterpiece. If he's willing, I might ask him to sign it before clear coating it.

_____________________________________________________________








 Nancy and I with the almost finished family plane.

______________________________________________________________




A couple more shots of the plane. The next set of pictures should be the final paint job. In the meantime, I'll fit the new adjustable seat mechanisms to my seats and post the process. I highly recommend upgrading to them.

______________________________________________________________

No comments: